Camrose, AB – The Camrose Regional Exhibition announced today the Camrose Community Drive-in Movie Night will be taking place on May 7, 2020 in the CRE main parking lot.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak there has been a huge loss of community events and the feeling of community spirit. This historic past time experience is an ideal safe distancing event that allows participants to comply with social distancing protocols while coming together as a community.
Thanks to our generous sponsors; City of Camrose and Fresh Air Cinema. We’d also like to thank our partners Alberta Health Services and City of Camrose Police Service for advising CRE on launching the safest community experience possible while respecting current restrictions.
To ensure the health and safety of all movie goers the guidelines below will be in place and enforced:
• No bathroom facilities will be available at the CRE.
• There will be no concession or food service available. Bring your own snacks/drinks with you and take away your garbage when you leave.
• Only members of the same household are allowed in the vehicle.
• All occupants must stay in the car for the entirety of the movie or the vehicle will be asked to leave. NO you cannot sit in the back of your truck, NO you cannot sit on your roof and opening your hatch and sitting in the back of the vehicle is not allowed!
• Participants must have a vehicle. Walk-ins will be asked to leave.
• Please respect all volunteers working that evening to provide a unique experience for your family.
Those not following the guidelines will be asked to leave. These rules were approved by AHS and if everyone follows the rules, we may be able to do future events. There are approximately 400 spaces available.
We are excited to make CRE once again the home of It Happens Here!
Additional details will be available on CRE website and social media channels. Questions about the program or details can be answered by calling the CRE at 780-672-3640.
Dianne Kohler, Executive Director
Executive Director Mark Schneider, President of CRE Board