A Practical Skills Program Designed For Life.
The CRE proudly continues Training Tomorrow’s Leaders.
This practical, skill-building program is aimed at students in grades 9-12. What does leadership mean to you? Would you like how to learn to buy and sell a vehicle, how to keep a budget, and tips for a successful interview? The CRE has created a program that teaches these things and offers even more practical tips that will help you throughout your life.
Training Tomorrow’s Leaders – is a program the CRE created to help prepare youth in our community for future careers and provide you with the practical skills that will serve you well long after graduation. The program will focus on skills not routinely offered in school and is open to any student in Grades 9-12.
BGC Camrose will be offering a shuttle service to those who require it for each session departing the BGC Location at the Recreation Centre at 5:15 pm and then returning participants at 7:45 pm. Please indicate on your application if you plan to use this service.
The Training Tomorrow’s Leaders Program:
October 2023 – April 2024
Two monthly meetings on Wednesdays, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Only 16 spots are available
- Dinner is provided
- Free draws every meeting to those in attendance
- Participants in the program are guaranteed a summer student job interview with both CRE and BGC Camrose
- Letter of recommendation to post-secondary
October 2023 – Political Action Month
1st Session – Oct 11th, 2023
- Let’s get to know each other
- Program Outline Review
- Understanding all the levels of government and what they do
2nd Session – Oct 25th, 2023
- Mock City Council session at City of Camrose
- Voting for the 1st time
November 2023 – Agriculture Month
1st Session – Nov 8th, 2023
- Tour of local farm
2nd Session – Nov 22nd, 2023
- Alberta Agriculture
- Where does our food come from
- Careers in Agriculture
December 2023 – Good Deed December
One Session – Dec 6th, 2023
- Understanding Volunteerism and the Importance for the Community
- Let’s go do GOOD DEEDS – Sidewalk Shovelling Tour
January 2024 – Leadership Skills
1st Session – Jan 17th, 2024
- Being on a committee or board
- Mock CRE Board Meeting
- Assist with Canadian Bull Congress setup and Event Preparation
2nd Session – Jan 31th, 2024
- Public Speaking
February 2024 – Adulting 101
1st Session – Feb 7th, 2024
- Credit – What is it and how to use it correctly
- How to file taxes
2nd Session – Feb 21st, 2024
- Guest Speaker Buying and Selling your 1st vehicle
- Insurance Explained
March 2024 – Career Month
1st Session – Mar 6th, 2024
- How to write a resume that stands out
- Career Options
- Tips for a successful interview
2nd Session – Mar 27th, 2024
- Mock Interviews
April 2024 – Wrap up
1st Session – Apr 10th, 2024
- How to back up a trailer
- Golf Cart/ATV Driving Safety
- Load Securement
2nd Session – TBD
- Wrap Up PARTY!
Applications for the Training Tomorrow’s Leaders Program are due October 6th, 2023. Those accepted into the program will be notified.