Training Tomorrow’s Leaders Program
A Practical Skills Program designed for life.
The CRE proudly introduces Training Tomorrow’s Leaders.
How good are you at backing up a trailer, making mac and cheese from scratch or even balancing your bank account? The CRE has created a program which teaches these things and offers even more practical tips that will help you throughout your life.
Training Tomorrow’s Leaders – is a program the CRE created to help prepare youth in our community for future careers and provide you with the practical skills that will serve you well long after graduation. The program will focus on skills not covered in school, or in after school programs and is open to students from Grades 9- 11 in the Battle River School Division and Elk Island Catholic Schools.
The CRE Leadership Completion Bonus will be offered to 16 students a year where each student will receive:
- Camrose Regional Exhibition Membership
- Free event pass to CRE Signature Events
- Recognized on CRE website and Social Media
- Letter of Recommendation to Post Secondary
- $500 Completion Bonus
Applications for the Training Tomorrow’s Leaders Program are due August 20th
The Training Tomorrow’s Leaders Program will be available for the 2020/2021 School Calendar Year
Here are the courses* we’ll be offering throughout the year:
September – Take Home Skills Month
- How to make homemade Mac and Cheese, Homemade Soup
- Second Session – Trailer Skills Session
- Load securement, how to back up a trailer
October – Political Action Month
- Importance of Democracy
- Voting for the First Time
- Meet the MLA’s, Mayor, Reeve
- Mock Election
- Attend City/County Council Meetings
November – Agriculture Month
- Importance of Agriculture in our everyday lives – food, clothes, GDP
- Food choices – Organic vs. Non Organic
- Farm Tour
December – Good Deed December
- How does volunteering build community?
- Who needs volunteers in the community?
- Why is volunteerism important?
- Volunteering at various places around Camrose
January – Leadership Skills
- Public Speaking
- Being on a community board
- Mock Board Meeting
- Volunteer with CBC Agriculture Education Program
February – Life On My Own
- Bills, Insurance, utilities
- Making a budget – keeping track of personal finances
- Buying/selling a vehicle
- Getting your license and insurance
March – Career Month
- How write a resume that stands out
- Career Options – Apprenticeships, Trades, Degrees, Diplomas
- Tips for a successful interview
- Mock Interview
April – Financial and Tax Month
- How to file taxes
- Paying off your credit card
- Making a budget and sticking to it
May – Gardening and Food Prep
- How to start a garden
- How to take care of a garden and harvest
- Program Wrap Up
*All courses are subject to change